View Single Post
Old 08-03-2005, 05:42 PM
jamndrummer

Default Re: The legendary Steve Gadd.

Quote:
But then bring to Sound: There it lays....... .To bring this all to live, that it sounds really "gaddish" and then also putting in the right places - not so easy at all - well, let's say for me...

Bernhard

well well well, I have been playing drums for quite a long time.....and unfortunately for me, I just heard about Steve Gadd.....within the last year......where have I been??? In la la land I think.....all I can say is I heard about him and decided to check him out......now first let me say I love sooooooooooooooo many drummers out there for so many reasons................BUT NONE of them like Gadd......my body actually reacted to his playing like no other drummer made it feel.......and I cant explain why...............but it was like I fell in love with Steve instantly and could not get enough of him......

Steve is not just playing the drums.....watch him, listen....he is in the music so much...THATS what we are all missing when it comes to what Gadd does that is so different...........

If I could sit in and jam side by side with ANY drummer in the world....for me it would be STEVE GADD for sure.....and some day that IS going to happen.......and I will take with me a piece of Steve that I will cherish forever.