View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 02:19 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: ...for the jazz cats ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Amodeo View Post
used the Big Band sticks for the first time at a rehearsal on friday and first gig last night.....and I have to say ....I love them !!!!

it wasn't love at first sight

they were on my doorstep when I got home late from lessons on thurs. night and my first impressions were....the bead is too big.... they were a bit on the light side and didn't give me quite the action that the little extra weight of the Ride stick gave me

after using them on the kit at a rehearsal then at a jazz gig that consisted of mostly up tunes I fell in love .

they really really stay on top and seem to respond really well to my slightest most delicate finger moves ...which surprised me because I didn't expect that bead to respond so delicately

thank you for the recommendation
Anytime. You're welcome.

It looks like you discovered the same thing about the stick that I did... It doesn't seem that a stick that size would behave the way that it does.

It's actually a little bigger than the Ride Stick but it feels lighter than even the 5As I had been using. Plus that tip design...it's so easy to play light or as hard as you need. It has a nice fat cross stick sound too.

Glad you like it.