View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 01:42 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: What are you listening to right now? (part 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacteriumFendYoke View Post
I've never really explored The Cure but I've got a few friends that are obsessive Cure fans. I ought to broaden my horizons there. My real love is Joy Division and earlier New Order - there was definitely something good happening and most of it in Manchester (although The Cure were from Crawley if I remember).

We were doing something right. Still do sometimes, for that matter.
Is it possible to conjure a cooler collection of parts than this song? The bass line makes me want to scream it's so cool (though not sure why's he's shown with a guitar in the video...) and guitar parts are right up there. Sparing vocals that take their sweet time coming in, and the drum pattern is pretty addictive, too. I love playing along to this song - both on drums and on bass - and can do so on infinite repeat without deviating from what's there and without ever getting bored.

I have some friends that had a Joy Division tribute band for a few years and they were spot on (they were called Curtis). I get how powerful and influential they were, and they definitely have a compelling story, but for whatever reason I never caught that bug.

Last edited by MikeM; 03-02-2013 at 01:54 AM.