Thread: Bummer :(
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 12:39 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Bummer :(

Thank you so much guys. He's back home yesterday, after having the "fun" of manipulation to realign his bones :( I'm still feeling like crap too, so I'm fairly bummed out right now :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamadrm View Post
Sorry to hear mate.It just tears you up when your kids are hurting,and I wish him a speedy and complete recovery.

My middle son fell out of a two story window,and broke his humerus bone in two places.The on staff hospital orthopedic surgeon said he'd be lucky to be able to gain the use of 35-45% of the arms mobility.This happened in 1992,a year after his brother died.

I made up my mind that I had to do the best I could for him,no holds barred.

A nurse friend of mine recommended a different doctor,who didn't take my insurance,but was reguarded as one of the best in the country.

I made arrangements to make a substantial down payment,and take a loan for the rest of his fee.

My son recovered almost completely and has 97-98 % mobility in his arm.

In a case like this,multiple opinions will best serve your son's road to full recovery.I know it sucks,but completely sympathise with your position.

If you feel like talking,PM me and I'll give you my mobile number.Sometimes it helpes to talk to someone who's been through it.And sometimes,just a few lagers and a shot or two of Jamision,can put you straight.

Best of luck,you'll all be in my prayers mate.

Steve B
Thank you for your concern & offer of council Steve. I've already pulled in a second opinion on my ticket, & that's a fairly uncommon move in the UK. We're going the non invasive route for the next week or so, in a hope that things will set in a good way. He has age on his side in terms of making that choice. He will be scanned weekly. Any drift & regrettably he'll be on the table for the full reconstruction deal :(