View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 03:31 AM
"Uncle Larry"

Default Re: Genetically modified food

I want to know how GMO's are being used, right now, to stop world hunger. I mean that's the banner under which it is being justified.

Larry I'm even skeptical about certified organic. Or the pledge on milk cartons: Our farmers pledge to not use RBHG growth hormones. So what, we are supposed to take their word? You have to be ultra diligent to obtain food that is not corrupted by anything. I don't know that it's even possible in today's commercial marketplace. Not much is as pervasive as the food and water supply.

You can call me a conspiracy theorist, if there is no better term. I feel it is more me looking out for my own best interests. Not much has more impact on your health as the food you eat and the water you drink. I just see right through the lies that are being so carefully fed (no pun intended) to us, and I have come to the conclusion that the powers that be regularly hide the real truth from the masses and count on us to be passive about it. I respectfully decline to oblige them there, I want them held to the same standards that everyone else is.

What if it was proven that GMO's are bad? Then what? That horse has already bolted from the barn. Government funded studies don't count, they are the ones on trial in my mind.