View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 09:08 PM
"Uncle Larry"

Default Re: Genetically modified food

What about putting genes of animals in plants? They do that. Is that OK too? Not by me it's not. How about making plants that make their own pesticides? Is that OK too? Or making plants so they can handle Roundup pesticides, is that OK too? Not by me. I don't get to have much of a choice, that's the part that gets me hot under the collar. As far as combatting world hunger....it's just the ruse they operate under. They say something altruistic and we are expected to believe it, and many do. I don't. I don't trust my government and what they are doing with the food supply. There's a ton of GMO on the shelves, and people are still starving last time I checked. If that's the first thing on the agenda, combatting world hunger, why are GMO's on supermarket shelves first? The reason for GMO's is to line corporate pockets, cut costs, while controlling/tampering with the food supply. Seriously the powers that be don't give a rats ass about hunger, that's a joke.

What it comes down to is I don't believe anything the government/multinationals tries to pass off on us, history has shown that. The fact that nothing is required to be labeled...that says it all right there. If it was so great, don't you think they would trumpet that? No, they are sneaking it in the food supply. We don't get a choice. Doesn't that raise all the red flags there are? It should.

Duncan I know we will never see eye to eye on this and I am not trying to change your mind, but dam man you sure put a lot of trust in your government. They would love to have you in their ranks.