View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 03:04 AM
Renegade

Default Re: Can we have a 'like' button?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Watso View Post
How about a button that creates 3 new random buttons? Each one will be a positive statement, the next a negative statement, and the third could be a borderline trolling statement.

I think this thread may have finally allowed me to see what he must have been singing about in this song:
http://youtu.be/gLESpHrtvxs
I like the three random buttons - maybe a quantum button so that the act of observation affects its result?

You might be on to something with the song, Doc - its an 80s song but this lyric stands up:

I had opinions
That didn't matter
I had a brain
That felt like pancake batter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8Mile View Post
Speaking of computer programs and Like buttons, can anyone point me to a program that will "Like" my band's Facebook page a bunch of times? :)

I'm joking, but the sad truth is we're booking summer gigs and, for the first time ever, one of the organizers asked us how many Likes our FB page has. We didn't get the gig. :(
Larry, in this case the Likes # is akin to a degree in the corporate world, demanded by recruiters who know a lot about recruiting and sweet Fanny Adams about the actual subject area.

It's the recruitment method of administrators hiring in unfamiliar areas. So they base their decisions on what's considered "safe" or well-accepted criteria ... which is not the same as selecting on merit based on an assessment of work and referral. The idea is to select people based on simple markers so that if the decision turns out to be a disaster they can say "well, I followed standard procedure / the industry standard".

The person you spoke to is in the music business for the business side only. To him the main difference between music and, say, gaskets would be that music is cooler to talk about at parties.

Last edited by Anon La Ply; 02-23-2013 at 03:15 AM.