View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 05:37 AM

Default Re: Show us your Premier kits!!

Greetings from another Aussie Premier lover!

I've been a long time Premier fan, ever since the mid 90's when I first played a Premier Signia kit that was the hire kit for a music seminar/workshop weekend (probably '96-'97 at a guess). It was love at first hit.

Some 12 odd years later I picked up a Premier Signia kit of my own, which ironically, had been a hire kit in it's past life. So, it's not in the greatest cosmetic shape, but the shells are straight, and since it's time as a hire kit meant wasn't the prettiest kit going around, the upside was that it went for a good price.

I'm now in the process of stripping the kit right back, painstakingly sanding back the black lacquer of all 7 pieces (22, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 14) and intend to re-finish it in a natural lacquer finish.

In the past couple of months I have also purchase a mint 6 piece Premier XPK, and my new favourite - a 4 piece yellow Premier Artist Birch kit. I consider myself a very lucky man indeed to not only have the Signia's, but a might fine Premier set in birch as well!

I have also previously owned a late 60's 5 piece Premier kit in grey shimmer that I regret selling (should've put the time and effort into restoring it to it's former glory).

Anyway, here's a couple of pic's of the Signia and Artist Birch kits... including one showing the snare shell stripped and sanded back to raw timber, sitting on my workbench next to the kick drum, also stripped of it's hardware. You may also notice my two daughters putting the "yellow peril" Artist Birch kit through it's paces! I'll try to get some better pic's, and try to remember to drop back in with some pictures of the Signia kit once the restoration is complete!

Damien
Attached Images

Last edited by damienh7; 02-12-2013 at 05:53 AM.