Thread: Random Thoughts
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 11:37 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Random Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon La Ply View Post
Since fluoride was put in the water tooth decay has reduced markedly. An ex partner had a big issue about fluoride in the water, that it somehow softened us up for mind control by the powers that be.
I don't like it. A few of my thoughts:

1) It's already in toothpaste that gets applied to my teeth directly; in such levels that there are poison control center warnings about swallowing too much. It's also in the mouth-rinse that's used afterward. Why then, do I still need the government to put it in my body through my digestive tract?

2) I just plain don't want the government deciding that putting chemicals in the public water supply "for our own good" is something they should do, or have the power to do. This goes double for known toxic chemicals, like fluoride. I admit to being paranoid and negative most of the time, but I really don't like this precedent.

3) I love how they care so much about everyone's teeth, yet can't be bothered with the major epidemics actually killing Americans. And again, I don't want them deciding that a certain type of fat is bad for me and banning it, I want them to make real efforts at educating people about choices and effects. Instead of putting chemicals in the water supply, if they care than much about my teeth, give us freaking health and dental care for the half pay-check they take every two weeks.