Thread: Girl drummers
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 10:41 PM
Renegade

Default Re: Girl drummers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BickDutt View Post
So they make the trivialities of life such as violence and art take a step back in their priorities.

That said, I believe they have higher potential. I've yet to hear a modern male drummer play with as much finesse, dynamic flair and rudimental control as Terry-Lynne Carrington.
Bick, anecdotally I'd have to agree. I've met a lot more men who are passionate about the arts than women - no doubt a big reason why I'm hanging out with you guys online rather than female musicians (the few of us - Mary, Caz etc excepted).

You may have a point about those with more rounded priorities having the benefit of a clear third person standpoint. However, I'm hardly in a position to comment :)

As for TLC, she sure is one out of the box - but then again players like Steve Gadd and Roy Haynes can also play with that kind of dexterity and sensitivity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Eder View Post
Well, just to point it out that the only reason I got this gig is because you couldn't have taller people doing it. And it doesn't matter that I'm ugly - nobody sees me. But the other girls are pretty, for drummers....

But thanks for trying to make me feel better ;)
Ha! I felt that if I didn't mention you and Disney, then someone would pipe up about it. You actually have a nice face, far from ugly ... if you're fishing for compliments, consider this a bite :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce M. Thomson View Post
Make that 20! I enjoyed that as well as the Lark Tongues in Aspic cover and will check out the others (at home since I am at work).
Thanks Bruce. After 4 months that vid now has over 200 views - clearly due to my oestrogenic lure!

YouTube

Off-the-wall