Thread: Girl drummers
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 02:30 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Girl drummers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperGTR View Post
I don't know how my typing has something to do with someone else making a post and having it removed. Please explain. Maybe my brain isn't functioning.

PLEASE UNDERSTAND - SOMEONE MADE A LENGTHY POST REGARDING AN INSTANCE ABOUT A FEMALE BEING JUDGED IN A COMPETITION, AND WAS CLEARLY SUBSTANDARD, ACCORDING TO THE POSTER AND OTHER COMPETITORS WHO WITHDREW AFTER VIEWING THE SEEMINGLY SKEWED RESULTS. IT WAS REMOVED WHILE I WAS TYPING A REPLY TO IT, WHICH YOU READ, AND APPEARED TO TAKE OUT OF CONTEXT. I MADE NO SUCH RETREAT OF ANY KIND. I DID NOT REMOVE THE POST, NOR DID I POST IT IN THE FIRST PLACE. What did you NOT get?

I've already conceded that perhaps my expectations are too high. What else do you need to hear?

The only sexist axe I have to grind are women who want notoriety for their ability, and when nobody watches, they say,"But I'm a girl!" And then attempt to get viewed through a different scope. That is sexism at its worst. I will not apologize for recognizing it.
Um, no, Jas, that is not “sexism at it's worst” in any sense of the meaning of either word. That is actually nothing. The fact that you are so outraged over nothing simply because this gender element has it's hooks in you is telling.

You're going to have to excuse me now, because I have to go teach music to a couple of young women. You need to grow up, man up, and learn a little something about sexism, and why it's bad.