Thread: Girl drummers
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 02:10 AM

Default Re: Girl drummers

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddbishop View Post
Well, I know you didn't break your typing finger.

Schmuck, you described your own views as sexist more than once. Sexism = garbage, so QED, mf. Further, when you are presented with multiple examples of accomplished female drummers, yet you persist in prattling on about never encountering any that live up to your high standards (which, curiously, you do not apply to your own musicianship), it looks to anyone with eyes attached to a functioning brain rather like you have a sexist axe to grind.
I don't know how my typing has something to do with someone else making a post and having it removed. Please explain. Maybe my brain isn't functioning.

PLEASE UNDERSTAND - SOMEONE MADE A LENGTHY POST REGARDING AN INSTANCE ABOUT A FEMALE BEING JUDGED IN A COMPETITION, AND WAS CLEARLY SUBSTANDARD, ACCORDING TO THE POSTER AND OTHER COMPETITORS WHO WITHDREW AFTER VIEWING THE SEEMINGLY SKEWED RESULTS. IT WAS REMOVED WHILE I WAS TYPING A REPLY TO IT, WHICH YOU READ, AND APPEARED TO TAKE OUT OF CONTEXT. I MADE NO SUCH RETREAT OF ANY KIND. I DID NOT REMOVE THE POST, NOR DID I POST IT IN THE FIRST PLACE. What did you NOT get?

If you expect me to type someone's 50 paragraph essay about a specific event, you'll be waiting a while.

I've already conceded that perhaps my expectations are too high. What else do you need to hear?

The only sexist axe I have to grind are women who want notoriety for their ability, and when nobody watches, they say,"But I'm a girl!" And then attempt to get viewed through a different scope. That is sexism at its worst. I will not apologize for recognizing it.

Please do not misinterpret that somehow I've suggested that EVERY female drummer does this, as this would be grossly off point.

Maybe you could ask why DRUMMER WORLD backs up my observations. My guess is you won't, because you are not interested in the way life works.

And I have no idea why you think I don't apply my standards to my own musicianship. Perhaps yet ANOTHER assumption? Keep going. I'll tally the false assumptions later (that are all irrelevant).

Last edited by JasperGTR; 01-21-2013 at 02:25 AM.