View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 07:05 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: 100 greatest drummers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Watso View Post
Oh geez. First place? Really? Out of all the amazing drummers out there, this dolt takes first place? He's a good drummer, but I really don't need to see the rest of the list if he's ranked number one. I'll really only look at a list if Travis Barker is placed first and all is right with the world.

I don't know what's worse, Canadians, or Australians. Yes, Aussies are criminals, but some of the things Canadians are into should be against the law(Like the singing in Rush). I should make a list so it will be official which geographical areas are most easy to poke fun at.
Haha. Let' get things really riled up here and see if we can somehow, some way get Sticks in on this conversation. Just kidding. He's out there somewhere I'm sure...

This should be called a List of 100 Great Drummers. Peart #1 no way. But nice to see Carl Palmer #4. Now THAT's a great one. Could be my favorite of all time. Nice also to see Phil Ehart at #53 and still remembered. He plays live 100 shows a year with Kansas stil. Have been with 20 ft of him a few times over the last few years. Awesome.

How is Hal Blaine any better than Jim Keltner? And Aronoff a session player is an insult. John Mellencamp would not be where he is without Kenny.