View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 07:08 PM

Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

Real name? Tory (male)
Age? 18
How long have you been playing? about 5 years
Origin of user name? it's Latin for "drummer"
Your top 5 drummers? Mario Duplantier, John Bonham, Jojo Mayer, Brann Dailor, and Airto Moreira had some influence on me.
Make of drumkit? Ddrum, D2 :p
Make of cymbal? Zildjian for now
Where do you practice? my room
Are you in a band? no
Do you play covers or originals? just been messing around and jamming for the past 2 years. I really need to start back up on playing songs by myself and with a band.
What style of music? (at least a very basic understanding) rock, metal, drum & bass, dubstep, jazz, funk, reggae.
Favourite take out food? Taco Bell
What country do you live in? USA
One really odd fact about yourself? I believe part of my interest in drums/rhythm comes from being fascinated by an old crappy washing machine, which would make fast and basic rhythmic noises sometimes during the wash cycle. I had never taken notice of drums in music until I took lessons.
How did you start drumming? I began drumming because I started to play on a set in a local music store the few times went in there when I was about 7. When I turned 13 I was given a practice pad and drumsticks in a addition to lessons. I thought that the my teacher would like Travis Barker for some reason. (haha!)

Last edited by Tympanista; 01-14-2013 at 07:13 PM. Reason: mispelling