Thread: Random Thoughts
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 11:51 PM
Renegade

Default Re: Random Thoughts

Computers mess with our heads. I have a USB cassette capture gadget for making digital copies of old cassettes. But my Windows 7 PC doesn't recognise it. After trying multiple things I Googled the issue. I ran into this thread http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...b-863f92f5595f

After trying the first few suggestions and drawing blanks I was amazed at some of the solutions - one included a few hundred lines of code! This quote made me think that this is how computers will take over the world ...

"I then checked in Disk management, and I can find the Device in Disk 6 but it does not have any driver letter attached to it. If I Right Click and choose the option to change Drive Letter and Path, I get an error message, which reads: The operation failed to complete because the Disk Management console view is not up-to-date. Refresh the view by using the refresh task. If the problem persists close the Disk Management console, then restart Disk Management or restart the computer. (I have done that but it doesn't help)

If I try to Format the disk/flash drive, I get the following message: An unexpected error has occurred. Check the System Event Log for more information on the error. No options in the Blue Box area are working.

If I click in the Disk 6 Box, it allows me to see the properties and confirms all is working fine but it will not allow me to make any changes to the drives letters. Now this happens on my factory Win 7 desktop, if I plug the same device in to my laptop it works fine, no issues at all. In the Disk Management section it says: Disk 6- Removable, Online - and size of the disk. The issue is that this is a problem with any external hard drive I connect to my desktop, with very few exceptions. Please anybody any advice to resolve this problem?
"

Soundcloud stream