Thread: Random Thoughts
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 06:16 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Random Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HGinCT View Post
The same can be said for any instrument including guitars and even vocals thanks to auto-tuning.
Quite true. I spent a lot of my time using computers to replicate a full orchestra, and I'm not classically trained on any orchestra instrument.

I can complain about drum machines all day, but in the end of the day, I'm doing to the same thing to violin, cello, viola, etc players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HGinCT View Post
I honestly think that a performance with a big kit will never go out of style (at least not any time soon) because of the same reason a guitarist doesn't play guitar on his iPad or why a pianist doesn't use MorphWiz exclusively, during a performance or in the studio, the real thing creates an atmosphere and vibe that can't be replicated by computer (easily), but I think this is especially true for live performances where stage presence accounts for much more than people think.
Agree, but I was (in my mind) referencing the Youtube thread where we discussed people who post tons of videos to youtube without necessarily the desire to play live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep it simple View Post
Oooh, that's opening up a can of worms. Of course, it can't make the same sound, but its getting closer. Thankfully, we hear with more than just our ears, & with an acoustic instrument, context is everything, so I think we're safe enough yet. I was thinking of a real people vs. solo battery powered convenience sex on tap analogy, but thought better of it ;)
I know, I just caught the irony of myself listening to guys talking like an episode of the Big Bang Theory about technology so advanced that I felt like an Amish person, and yet in the back of my head I'm fantasizing about new round pieces of wood. LOL.