View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 01:00 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: If you were bankrupt, starving and cold, could YOU burn your kit to keep you alive?

I have never had to burn drums to stay warm, because usually when I've been in situations where keeping warm was that critical, my drums were thousands of miles away. However, I did once come to a point where my truck, my computer and my drums were the last three things of any real value I owned, and I was sinking under a mountain of debt. So I cleaned up the drums and loaded them in the car to take them to the local music shop to get them sold to make bill payments for another month or two. On the way back from the car with the last load of drums, I saw the mailman pull away from the mailbox. Went and checked it, and lo and behold, it was a debt consolidation offer at 2.9% (compared to the 30+% interest I was currently under). Within a year, I did in fact take those drums to the store -- but it was to trade them in for a brand new set, as I was well above water for the first time in years.

And agreed, drums are probably not going to burn very cleanly, so don't burn them inside.