View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 05:14 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Thoughts on Joey Jordison

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
Um, I'm one of those simple people ... I've been on a Cure bender lately and there's nothing going on there that could be considered complicated. Sure, the execution is flawless and the soundscapes are lush and dark ... but complicated? Not so much.

Don't get me wrong, I like drumming that bends my mind as much as the next drum nerd (I can stomach a helluva lotta Weckl elevator music), but usually music by players for players is not terribly inspiring to me on some basic level. I actually kinda like basic and simple. One could easily construct an argument that talent transcends technical capability. Just depends on how you define talent.

Anyway, Joey ... pretty good drummer from the YT vids I've seen. I'm not a huge fan of the genre, but definitely not terrible.
We just composed a nice, simple song last night. I wrote it, but we all composed it together. I like simple music too. I listen to some of the music I was listening to in the 80's and it makes me cringe, but I like The Cure too. I like some prog like Primus, Rush and Yes, but sometimes some nice simple music is the best.

Speaking of talent, maybe these people make it because not only are they decent enough musicians, but they are talented in their ability to entertain a crowd.