View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 01:40 PM

Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

Hi everyone and happy new year! I've been lurking around here for a while and thought I'd finally get posting, mainly since I've officially turned 'pro' now from 1 Jan (for want of a better word!). I.e. I'm now making my living solely from drumming, not that I'd regard myself as being at 'pro' level by any stretch of the imagination. Anyway, here's a bit about me... :)

Real name? Andy MacLellan
Age? 37
How long have you been playing? 26 years
Origin of user name? I'm Andy Mac and I play Drums! :-)
Your top 5 drummers? At the moment... Dennis Chambers, Gavin Harrison, Carter Beauford, Vinnie Colaiuta & Taylor Hawkins
Make of drumkit? Pearl Export Select
Make of cymbal? Zildjian
Where do you practice? Mainly at home
Are you in a band? Yes, 2 at the moment
Do you play covers or originals? Mainly covers
What style of music? Funk & jazz at the moment
Favourite take out food? Pizza
What country do you live in? UK
One really odd fact about yourself? I've been using the same Premier snare drum for 26 years! Time for a change me thinks... :)
How did you start drumming? My dad used to play drums - not professionally but I remember seeing his red sparkle kit hidden away in a cupboard when I was 3 or 4 years old. They were never really set up but I was always fascinated by them. I think that planted the seed but I didn't get a chance to start playing until I was about 11 when I got my first kit. Even then I was never allowed lessons since I played other instruments and one more was considered too much. When I finally left home I pretty much gave up the other instruments in favour of drums. Long story but I now get pro lessons and teach to beginner / intermediate level. I love teaching drums.

If you want to follow my drummy ramblings search for andymacdrums on Twitter, FB, YT etc.

Andy