View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 10:48 PM

Default Re: Thoughts on Joey Jordison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon La Ply View Post
Correct Brian. Justin is a very naturally talented kid. Gaga plays keys and writes her material - another natural talent. Don't know the others you mentioned.
I would say Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber are very far from having a "natural talent".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket-full-of-gold View Post
Not quite the same argument though is it?

He's a respectable musician because he can play his instrument. Are you honestly gonna sit there and tell me he can't?

We may not like the music he plays......we don't have to, we have the choice of not listening. But claiming he's a terrible drummer just because you don't like what he plays is a weak argument. Not to your tastes perhaps, but terrible? Come on mate.
True, he can play his instrument, to a degree, therefore he is more worthy respectable than the others, the point I wanted to make is just because someone is successful doesn't mean they are worthy of respect.

There are tons of terrible musicians that are successful, mainly because at the root of it music is more about the money than the art to them.

Whether Slipknot is more about the art or the money I can't honestly say, they do seem fairly passionate about their music from interviews and I do genuinely respect them for that. But their success doesn't earn them any respect in my eyes, nor their playing abilities.