View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 01:10 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Pushing the envelope of this forum, non drum related

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmetalconga View Post
I'd be interested in knowing whether or not you support the legalization of all substances - including natural heroin, meth, synthetic drugs, LSD and more.
Absolutely. Given my choice in the matter, adult citizens would be free to live as they want as long as they aren't hurting others or hurting another's ability to also do so. Going to an extremely dangerous substance for example, putting crack users in jail helps literally nothing. It doesn't help them, and it only gets them "off the street" for a short time, during which they are a burden to the country and tax payer.

I believe that the penalties for hurting another's freedom should be greatly stiffened, and there should be no penalty for hurting yourself, or doing something that might potentially harm self. Regulation is another matter. To an extent, I see a need for things like age restrictions, and safety-based production regulation. Even this is a losing battle, but it's much less harmful to self and society than outright criminalizing something, creating black markets and cartels for the banned item in the process.