View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 08:04 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Pushing the envelope of this forum, non drum related

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnite Zephyr View Post
I grew up in the most hippy, stoner environment you could ever imagine. I turned out OK. I'm only broke because the field I work in tanked so badly in 2008.

My sister doesn't do any drugs. She raised three girls who all went to college and graduated. She's got a teenage boy too. We'll see how he turns out.

I have a benign brain tumor that I live with. It was huge and caused terrible headaches in my 20's. Luckily there was a drug that helped me shrink that tumor. Now it doesn't bother me anymore and I haven't needed that pill for four years now. I've used that tumor as a way to get my Medical MJ Card a couple years ago because, as you know, California allows that. I leave it at home and only have some at night time. It's kinda ridiculous with all the stigma attached to a simple herb. But on the other hand, it's kinda ridiculous how many 20 something guys and gals I see going in and out of those MJ clinics. All these young people with all their "medical problems". When I was that age, I just smoked it because I wanted to, not for any medical reason. It's all kinda ridiculous because alcohol has caused so many tragedies. My own family is testament to that fact. Luckily my parents were never heavy drinkers. Moderation is the key and I am glad to have grown up in such a liberal environment. I got to see all the grown-ups make all those mistakes and I found out how not to live ones' life.
I largely agree with you. While I don't think pot should be legalized, if it is, it's not going to be the end of the world. I am glad you are able to use cannabis to help your medical condition. I tihnk tit does have legitimate uses as a prescribed drug.