View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 01:07 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Pushing the envelope of this forum, non drum related

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon La Ply View Post
the war on drugs is one of the most self defeating and self destructive policies in history". The costs in human and financial terms are astronomical....
Personally, I'd rather not go back to the last century, when there were no consistent laws against drugs in the US, cocaine was put in sodas and cocaine addicts were lauded as intellectuals. Large chunks of the population were seriously addicted to some pretty nasty substances and I think we have found about the best possible accommodation these days, given the inherent tendency of many people to get addicted to something anyway.

Freud said that when you were potty trained strongly influenced your whole personality. Too early and you became hyper-organized (anal retentive), too late and you became disorganized and slothful (anal expulsive). If someone postulated such nonsense today they'd rightly be the butt of jokes and drummed out of their profession. You'd have to be higher than a kite to come up with such weirdness - such are the effects of injecting large amounts of cocaine I guess.