View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 01:08 AM

Default Re: Pushing the envelope of this forum, non drum related

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryz View Post
The government's two most important roles in my opinion are to

#1 - protect our environment
#2 - protect our health

Without health nothing else matters. You can be poor and still eat healthy. Sad thing is that McDonald's intentionally throws up billboards in poorer communties. Get a $1.00 big mac. Meanwhile, that $1.00 could be a head of lettuce or a few apples, etc.

I don't give a darn what someone does in their own home in private but now you're dealing with stoned drivers on pot, etc., etc. Mix that with an overzealous gun owner and who knows? Legalizing drugs sends a bad message. Healthy body = healthy society. Jsut my rant.
The only role the U.S goverment is suppose to have is protect our freedom, the government is not suppose to be your mommy and daddy. Those laws, like not being able to buy a 32 oz. soda in New York is absolute nonsense. Why can a woman have an abortion saying it's her body and no one has a right to tell her what she can do with it, but you can't buy a giant soda? Some people in this country have gone mad.

As far as the guy buying a $1.00 Big Mac instead of lettuce and apples, well, that's his choice.