View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 03:24 PM

Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

Hi everyone , been lurking for quite a while and thought i would take the leap and say hello
My Name : Blair
Where i live : Carnarvon , Western Australia , Australia

Been playing for : back into it again after 15 or so years of no room , kids , work , life , all that good stuff . Got back playing after my beautiful wife bought me a new set fo my 40th b,day . Was like riding a bike and i met an old friend again when i picked up those sticks and laid down some AC/DC .

What i play : back in the day Pearl and Zildjian/paiste , now Mapex convert and Zildjian . Not many music shops where i live ( 1000 km from any large city ) but i love my Q series ( i think they are a voyager else where in the world )

Musical influences : Nicko McBrain , Lars , Dave Grohl , Taylor Hawkins and countless others to numerous to mention , some i can play most i cannot yet .

Am i in a band : no but i recently started jamming with some old mates to see what would happen and it came out pretty ok . Now all we need is time together and it will be cool . The main aim is to play a surprise set at my 2 oldest sons bday , they turn 18 and 21 on the same day .

Style : rock n roll baby ,

I stumbled across this site looking for info on tuning my set and it has been a godsend and an absolute font on knowledge and confidence building in my own abilities both in playing and being comfortable with my set . A big thank you to all of you guys young and old who never denigrate someones decisions , are patient and forth coming with anything you think may be helpful .

My hat of to you all .

Kind Regards and a very merry xmas and safe and happy new year to you all .