View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 01:36 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Shooting in Newtown, Connecticut Elementary School

Quote:
Originally Posted by longgun View Post
I've been reading this thread and thought I'd stay out of it, but just couldn't help putting my two cents in...............

What I feel changed was the way we raise our children...............

- todays children spend an average of 4 to 5 hours a day watching TV, playing video games, on the computer etc. Real social interaction isn't near as prevalent.

- Many children are raised in single parent households, as was I. The result, in a lot of cases, is the children do not get the same attention, guidance or supervision as when there are two parents in the house

- The lack of facilities to deal with the mentally ill.........these need to come back.

These factors, along with decreased individual responsibility, has not been good for our children.

I know plenty of you will disagree, and that is fine, but myself and many Americans see it the same way.
I totally and completely agree and the only gun in my house is a grease gun for my lawn and garden equipment.

As is happening in other parts of the country, we have school's in my town under "a threat of violence" according to my administrators. Moronic kids claiming they're coming into school with guns. Needless to say other kids have reported them to school officials who I'll hope and assume have brought the police into it.