View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 09:00 PM

Default Re: Shooting in Newtown, Connecticut Elementary School

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmetalconga View Post
As far as banning large capacity clips, where to you think criminals get theirs? They either buy them or steal them from law abiding citizens, or from other criminals. If we ban these clips, their numbers will gradually decrease.
You realize in the last three days with the magazine buying panic that is going on right now in anticipation of new restrictions well over 100,000 new magazines have been sold in the last three days. Heck, I just added 6 more to my collection because if legislation passes it will be the best investment I've made since 2008. Based on the previous assault weapons ban in the US, prices will triple. If legislation doesn't pass they're still worth what I paid for them.

Furthermore, the military will have to keep much better tabs on their equipment. If they are banned, $40 per mag will buy private Joe a lot of beer. "Honest Sarge, I lost it in the swamp."

Edit to add supporting documentation: "Brownells sells 3.5 years’ worth of magazines in 72 hours" http://www.guns.com/2012/12/20/brown...s-in-36-hours/

(Brownells is one of the largest if not the largest suppliers of gun parts.)

Last edited by Green_C; 12-21-2012 at 04:08 AM. Reason: punctuation