View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 09:01 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Shooting in Newtown, Connecticut Elementary School

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryO View Post
...It's a difficult and complex problem, I agree, but there are things that we can do to help. I hope solutions are studied that cover all angles, protection of the school and our students, mental health issues and more.
Positively. This is way more than just guns. I'd take up way too much DW server space to account for a fraction of the issues the teachers in my family have encountered. None of them involved a gun, but all of a threat of violence of violence itself to the teachers and other staff. Remember - I'm talking Elementary here..... These kids eventually grow up and who knows what happens...........

Adding more fuel to the mix is the political correctness that hogties us over certain topics - mental illness and all that comes with it (before anyone decides to spit fire with me, I have lived with a mentally ill brother who was quite capable of violence equal to what has occurred so I'm well aware of both sides of that argument), lack of parents being parents, children being able to run the show with no consequences, etc...... My list can go on for a while.

Guns is just the weapon, the underlying reasons are another deal altogether. Multiple issues going on here........

Last edited by dmacc; 12-17-2012 at 09:57 PM.