View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 06:30 PM

Default Re: Shooting in Newtown, Conneticut Elementary School

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryO View Post
There are many factors, not the least of which is lack of facilities for mentally ill and disturbed children. This was something I fought daily when I was a School Resource Officer. I saw children who were mentally disturbed and a danger to others, some of them as young as 7 years old, but when I would try to have them removed from the school or find them help, it was almost non-existent. Our society doesn't want to believe that young children can have criminal intent or be dangerous and so we bury our head in the sand until they are older and they refuse help or it's just too late and they turn our like the shooter here. Until we improve these types of services we are not going to move forward.
The shootings in Newtown are a tragedy....my wife and I both could not hold back our tears seeing the coverage of this, our hearts go out to the children and adults who were murdered so senselessly as well as the familys, the teachers, the first responders....all who's lives will never be the same.

I think Mary O hits the topic we as a nation should be talking about.

Last edited by KnuckleBuster; 12-17-2012 at 06:37 PM. Reason: spelling