View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 05:56 PM
"Uncle Larry"

Default Re: Shooting in Newtown, Connecticut Elementary School

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmetalconga View Post
Unfortunately, teachers are increasingly called upon to protect their schools with their lives. Among other things society should do: schools should have a secured defensive firearm available to properly trained administrators and teachers.

If some maniac coward gunman does enter the school, at least school staff will have a chance to defend the school. This won't completely solve the problem but if it stops a coward gunman in his tracks, then it will have worked.
You know Martin I was going to post a similar response. Except I think the teachers, and indeed any adult working there, should have a defensive weapon, possibly something non lethal that can incapacitate a person. I mean it's reached that point. So OK bringing real guns in school would be a hot topic, but how about something as effective, but not deadly?

Like a taser or something along those lines. I see nothing wrong with that, only because what we have now, meaning nothing, isn't working.

I can't help wondering if everyone was armed for real, what would that do to todays society? Would it make more shootings or less shootings? I might be less inclined to shoot if everyone else was armed. It could go the other way too. I wonder how it would actually play out.