View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 07:49 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Pushing the envelope of this forum, non drum related

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryace View Post
I wonder how many people know that the human body has an endocannabinoid system? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endocannabinoid_system

That's right. It's such an integral part of the design of our bodies. It's a regulating system, regulating many different essential aspects of human life. Our brains and bodies are equipped with special cannabinoid receptors that only respond to the various cannabinoid molecules, nothing else. And the only place in nature you can get a cannabinoid molecule, outside of your body, which actually produces this class of chemical, is from the cannabis plant. Clearly, we were specifically designed to experience this chemical.

My point is it's safe, and the reason it's illegal here in the US, is to protect the profits of the major corporations like Pharma, Tobacco, Chemical, Alcohol, Paper, Oil etc. The bonus of it being illegal, in addition to generating mountain ranges of untraceable cash in part seized by our government, is they get to build more prisons than schools, so you have a whole percentage of society that literally depends on it to be illegal, at the real human expense of incarcerating the largest percentage of it's population compared to any other country. Land of the free my eye!

It's easily as profitable being illegal as it is being legal, just in different ways. It's where the money goes that is the difference. No matter what, cannabis will generate money. It has always generated money, and it will continue to generate money, no matter how you slice it.

I just don't want to be criminalized for taking a class of chemicals that my body produces anyway. And now I am being discriminated against because I don't live in Washington or Colorado. Enough already!
Larry I agree with you on all that Big Pharma stuff. They are against anything or any remedy that cannot be patented. That's why they attack the natural supplement alternatives as "wackos". Cannot patent something from nature made and by God. Keep pushing dangerous and ineffective radiation and chemo on cancer patients because it's profitable $$, meanwhile successful natural rememdies that actually friggen work and arer safe are illegal in the U.S. www.gerson.org Imagine...fruit and vegetable therapy is illegal!

Legalize pot, ok. I just don't want pot smokers walking around freely. Keep it in the house and away from my kid :)