View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 06:52 PM
Renegade

Default Re: Pushing the envelope of this forum, non drum related

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmetalconga View Post
I favor keeping the drug laws just exactly as they are - pot and just about everything else illegal, booze legal but heavily regulated.
I'm quite relaxed with pot being illegal as long as they don't get silly and start acting as though the law made sense. I like the "illegal in name but everyone knows it's a dumb law" situation and usually not pushily enforced for individuals.

Cannabis is a far cleaner, gentler and more meditative drug than alcohol. People who get trashed with booze while tut-tutting about "immoral" pot users and "illegal drugs" are delusional. A lot of them run government, big businesses, churches and the media. They are blinded by their egos.

But I don't care for civil disobedience (other than ignoring bad laws) - pot's illegality keeps it under the radar ... away from the dead hand of government. You don't want govt involved.

I'm against arts grants for the same reason - everything the government touches is conservative and compromised by committees, qualities that are fabulous when dealing with logistics, but not the arts or the vagaries of individual human beings.