Thread: Hurricane Susan
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 12:31 AM
"Uncle Larry"

Default Re: Hurricane Susan

Count me in with the consensus of...Glad to see ya man! You're right, it's gonna take a hell of a lot more than a hurricane to beat you. I can't believe you've been out of power for 10 days! Holy crap. Your poor daughter...I can't even imagine...and your friend...

Hopefully your daughter will get a ton of insurance money for a new place, but I'm sure she lost some irreplaceable items...It's amazing how utterly dependent we all are on electricity....Made me really think about what if we lost power indefinitely...how we would eat, drink, stay warm, shower, all the stuff we take for granted. It's scary because I don't have the first clue as to how I would provide for my family's needs.....

Actually I do but I just cannot picture myself and my family living in the woods behind me, trapping the game for food and eating the wild vegetation, drinking the creek water.....burning wood to stay warm....we wouldn't be alone, there would be more people in the same boat...it would be a lawless state and I really don't want to think about it anymore..

But it's really great to see you around Steve.