Thread: Girl drummers
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 05:29 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Girl drummers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Eder View Post
I'd advise that you just view them as "drummers". This difference in genders thing has really gotten old.
In an industry that actively celebrates and awards the difference in gender, what hope has anyone else got?

And the Grammy for best female vocalist goes to.......

Or how about?

The Oscar for best actress in a leading role goes to.....

As for the question at hand, I think it's perfectly valid. Sex sells. Advertisers and marketers cottoned on to this idea years ago......long before youtube. That horse bolted whem Adam was a lad, so it's no surprise to me at all that people will throw out a tag line that plays on gender in the hope of being noticed in the fog.

What do I think of it? Fine by me, I see it everywhere, everyday.....on billborads, on TV....everywhere I turn my head.
A "hot chick" playing drums is just another minute example. If they feel the need to promote gender or even the fact that they are "hot" in order to score a few views it's no skin off my nose. "Views" are one thing......if they have no talent to begin with then who's gonna stick around anyway?

No harm, no foul, for mine. At the end of the day, they've still gotta be able to cut it for me to keep watching.