View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 06:09 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Genetically modified food

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnite Zephyr View Post
I'm just repeating what I heard on the radio. You can draw your own conclusions. This debate reminds a lot of the global warming debate. It's basically the same scenario as far as who is doing the debating and which side of the fence certain people are on. I prefer to err on the side of caution. I have such a life that I am stuck in this world having to trust this government to look out for my best interests, but I don't feel that this is the case. It's no secret that the politicians are owned by the corporations now. It's also no secret that corporations are in it for profit, not to serve our best interests. Higher yield equals profits. Producing this higher yield outweighs the negative effects that result from corporate profiteering. So, trust but verify? Good luck with that. Based on their track record, they don't deserve my trust.
Why should you trust yourself? If you are like most of us, you hand over large amounts of cash to these corporations, ensuring they will keep delivering food, energy and resources so you can live your life as you like and they become wealthy and influential in the process. One nice thing about having ten fingers is you can point at least one at yourself, in addition to everyone else, for problems affecting society.

And GMOs are not at all like global warming. We have evidence the earth is becoming warmer and we argue over the causes. We have no evidence GMOs are harmful to eat.