View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 05:41 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Genetically modified food

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbang View Post
I did read this study...and the study released shortly afterward discrediting most of the facts presented. In fact I believe some of the people involved are being investigated for mis-leading and manipulation of data.
I'll see if I can find the link.
I'm just repeating what I heard on the radio. You can draw your own conclusions. This debate reminds a lot of the global warming debate. It's basically the same scenario as far as who is doing the debating and which side of the fence certain people are on. I prefer to err on the side of caution. I have such a life that I am stuck in this world having to trust this government to look out for my best interests, but I don't feel that this is the case. It's no secret that the politicians are owned by the corporations now. It's also no secret that corporations are in it for profit, not to serve our best interests. Higher yield equals profits. Producing this higher yield outweighs the negative effects that result from corporate profiteering. So, trust but verify? Good luck with that. Based on their track record, they don't deserve my trust.