View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 09:40 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Genetically modified food

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryace View Post
I see more sickly old people than healthy old people it seems. There are more prescriptions written than ever. Yes we are living longer, but in a healthier state? Not sure. Doesn't look like it from where I'm sitting. I'm running into some very smart people who are taking their health into their own hands. Myself I'm convinced that prescription drugs and the FDA are not good for my health. The internet is a goldmine of info for those who seek it out. I am running into so many people who are cutting gluten from their diet, all with good results, amazing even. For instance, one of my electrical customers, she has that disease where it looks like the pigment in the skin is missing in blotches. Well she cut gluten out completely and her pigment is starting to retu.rn. Anyone who has gastrointestinal issues...cut gluten from your diet and tell me you don't feel better. What you put in your mouth has the biggest effect on your health more than anything else.

I only bring this up because it affects everyone and I think it's really important. I feel we are being slowly poisoned. I don't want that for me and mine, not one bit.
Larry, I think we are sicklier because we are living longer. Life expectancy of the planet has more than doubled in the last century. Western civiliazation ( including Japan & Australia ) has the highest country wise statistics with an 80+ average. It therefore seems wealth = living longer.( sorry, musicians ). This theory pretty much pans out if you look at the statistics, country wise.

The flip side of course is the pharmacutical & food business lobbies find a way to play research & legal games with agencies likee thFDA, and eventually get away with stuff sometimes.