Thread: Random Thoughts
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 09:13 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Random Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryace View Post
Lost my Dad. Funeral was the saddest day of my life. 15 minutes after seeing my Dad dead for the very first time, I had to greet every person I ever knew it seemed. Man that was overwhelming. My facial recognition software in my head crashed and I was a total mess, but somehow got through it. 5 days prior, I was the last one to see him alive. He was on morphine, and unconscious, but he could still hear and understand me, so they say. I knew this was the last time I would see him alive, so I said my goodbyes. I told him he did real good here, he left a lot of great people, and that we would be OK. I kept telling him how good he did. He needed to hear that. He was a good and decent man. I told him it's time to finish his job here and cross over. When I said that he flinched. 10 hours later, he crossed over.

Gave me a mega ton of appreciation for everyone who I still have. Circle of life. Hug your kids today for me.
I'm so sorry for your loss.My dad passed about 6 years ago doing what he loved and that was playing the horses at Aqueduct raceway.We had our differences,and I hadn't seen him since my moms funeral two years before.

Be thankful that you got to say goodbye,and feel blessed that you had that kind of relationship.Not having seen him for so long is the biggest regret of my life.

I do tell my kids(the youngest of which is 32) almost every day,so there is no doubt in their mind that dad loves them.

The lesson here is if you burned your bridges,build them again and make your peace with those you really do love.Put your pride aside and do it before it's too late.If you don't,it leaves you with a feeling that you can never reconcile.

Again Larry I'm sorry for your loss,but I'm also happy that he's no longer in pain.Namaste.

Steve B