Thread: Random Thoughts
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 03:49 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Random Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon La Ply View Post
That's not a hippie ... THIS is a hippie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01NHcTM5IA4

Oops, wrong link, here's the hippies (and I love 'em): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiy5K81qvbg#t=60s

Agree with your gripes, Bon - but if we can't think of anything better then we can't really complain, eh? I'm divorded too ... is there a pattern? :)

Most of the topics are gear-related and my value system doesn't feel comfortable with heavy material consumption (as a hobbyist). The kit that replaces the RT will almost certainly be my last. The hard part in getting a good sound IMO is not acquiring gear, it's working out what heads work best with it, finding suitable tuning, playing the right element of the instrument at the right time and, most importantly, touch and groove.

A great player can make a table sound better than an uncontrolled drummer on a top line kit. Again just my opinion.

Agree, talking to other drummers is great (with my post count I'd look pretty silly if I said otherwise :) ... but I never knew how much fun other drummers were until DW. I was always too unconfident to chat with other drummers at length. Even back then, deep down I knew I was a pretender (ie. not a REAL drummer haha)
Ha! Now that's an Aussie. There are very few movie quotes I can remember. That's one of them. Great clip!

Gong...I forgot about those guys. Awesome song. I liked it. I remember the last time you posted something from that band. It impressed me, so I had to show it to my hippy friends (people who like hippy music) and they really liked it too. They never heard of them either.

Ya, gear is nice, but I don't think about it too much. I'm practical and satisfied with most of the gear that I buy. The guitar players in my band are total gear heads. They get to talking about gear and my brain just flatlines.....beeeeeeeeeeeeeeep! I mean these guys have $10,000 amps and guitars that cost $4,000. Pretty impressive...I soaked about $500 into my cheapo drum kit....hmmmm. It's enough for me to get a new cymbal. I buy good stuff when I do buy.

Well, I'm glad you're more confident about chatting now. We need an intelligent woman's opinion and perspective. Always good stuff.