Thread: Random Thoughts
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 04:02 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Random Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep it simple View Post
Of course, you're excepting all threads started by me, as they're clearly magnificent ;) ;) ;)
Of course, there is always a few exceptions. I didn't mean ALL the threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon La Ply View Post
Yes Andy, your freds are jus' lubbly ;-)

Here's some excitement, Bon - last night only the guitarist and I could make it to practice. We slammed and bumbled our way through a ton of old rockers of the 60s, 70s and 80s, from Zep to Jimi to Doors, Stones, Divinyls, etc.

It was weird - I haven't rocked out for years. I don't know if it was rustiness or the new sticks and crash cymbal but I was struggling for control with the fills - I haven't played a 16th note triplet fill for 5 years lol

Not easy to seamlessly slip from one genre to another (in this case lounge to hard rock) ... I feel like I'd need to play rock for a few more jams to feel comfortable in that genre again.

My random thought for the day.
That's pretty cool. I've kinda gotten away from the standard 4/4 money beats too. I go back to them now and then but I can't help putting a little funk into it. My style has elements of a few genres. You should try some hippy music too like Steve Kimock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad About Drums View Post
Andy's threads are always very good, what are you complaining about...

... have you listen to all Grea's ambient tracks?

...did you see and read "YourAverageGymRat" impressive post?

...did you comment on the so important thread about double kicks and multi pedals set up?

Bon, you're a difficult guy to please, you know that, do you?
I've heard a few of Grea's tracks. That is a great thread, I agree.

The GymRat didn't impress me too much. Opinions are like,,,,well, you know where I'm going with this. (pfff..a Don Henley debate....**yawn**)

Double Kicks are for people who like double kicks. It's not where my head is at. I have better things to think about than double kicks. Maybe someday when I have nothing better to do I learn the double kick a little better.

I am difficult to please, yes, sorry for that. it's probably why I'm divorced right now.

To be fair, I can't think of an interesting thread to post either. Everything has been said on every subject. It's just fun to talk with fellow drummers. Have a good one, MAD Henri. Cheers!