Thread: Random Thoughts
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 08:46 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Random Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryace View Post
I walked out of a gig yesterday. Without playing. Some guy who I've done a few one off gigs with in the past called me up for a gig at a restaurant. I walked in with my kick drum, and there literally was no possible place to set up a band. The owner wanted the whole band to set up on a 4 foot by 5 foot stairway landing. I looked around at an empty room with no place to set up and told the guy who hired me (who is just a lousy example of a human being) "I can't believe you drug me out here. This is a joke. I'm outta here" And left.

Boy did that feel good, as this guy is just a nasty person. He deserved it. It's not like this place ever had a band before, they have not. This was a first attempt. The owner was joking about one guy on one landing, and another guy on another landing 50 feet away, and another on a balcony. That's when I made an executive decision to bail, with some pointed words too.

I'm sick of being so nicey nicey in these situations. I had just battled some terrible traffic to get there, no place to park, no place to set up. F that. He wasted a bunch of my time and gas. I'll never work with that guy again. No loss really, he's an A hole anyway.
And I'll bet he was ugly,and his mama dressed him funny.I know exactly how you feel.I'll bet when he was a kid, his parents had to tie a pork chop around his neck just to get the dog to play with him.:)

Steve B