Thread: Random Thoughts
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 11:16 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Random Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacteriumFendYoke View Post
I have to say though that I think insects are the future. For the energy input into the production of insects, the nutritional outlay is far more efficient than, say, beef or any conventional meat for that matter. I honestly think that in twenty years time, conventional agriculture will have changed significantly in reaction to population increase and I say this as the nephew of a beef farmer!

Snails aren't insects, they're molluscs - specifically gastropods. Totally different thing. I have eaten them, however, and they are rather tasty.
It would make a lot of sense, and if you do it right, I'm sure it would be better than dog food (i'm thinking Mad Max movie). I guess we'll have to see. Hope I'll still be around by then. It is certainly an interesting time to be alive.

Yeah, I had a feeling that they weren't called insects, like bugs and such. Didn't know what the proper term was. I've heard the word molluscs before, and gastropods for that matters, but the connection wasn't there. I'll know better next time I talk about snails. Thanks.