View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 11:28 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Diet and Drummiong

So you're willing to buy into a study that's been absolutely discredited and removed from prominent medical journals such as 'The Lancet'? In that instance it was clear that a pressure group actually funded the research.

If you're going to talk about research, then I'm going to ask you to cite sources. Smallpox was an enormous epidemic before vaccines came in. Polio was an enormous problem, even in the developed World. Measles has made a comeback due to falling rates of vaccination because of bad science and media scaremongering.

Sorry but the weight of evidence just isn't on your side.

Just so I have something to cite:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polio_vaccine

It's not an opinion. It's a matter of fact. I also have family members that are autistic so I have a vested interest in the discredited research.

EDIT: Just for some more information:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Investigations by Sunday Times journalist Brian Deer revealed that the lead author of the article, Andrew Wakefield, had multiple undeclared conflicts of interest,[2][3] had manipulated evidence,[4] and had broken other ethical codes. The Lancet paper was partially retracted in 2004 and fully retracted in 2010, and Wakefield was found guilty by the General Medical Council of serious professional misconduct in May 2010 and was struck off the Medical Register, meaning he could no longer practice as a doctor.[5] The research was declared fraudulent in 2011 by the BMJ.[6] The scientific consensus is that no evidence links the vaccine to the development of autism and that the vaccine's benefits greatly outweigh its risks.
Furthermore:

http://www.bmj.com/content/342/bmj.c7452.full

Are you trying to say that Polio, Smallpox, Typhoid, Rubella, Scarlet Fever, Yellow Fever, Tetanus and Measles are 'minor'? No. They're absolute killers.