View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 03:46 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Lost my battle with water :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacc View Post
Wow... Just making the forms must have taken some serious time and materials. How much lumber?
The drive is 500ft long, so that's 2,000ft of edging lumber, 1,000ft of curb edgings, 600ft of 8" storm drain, etc. Not difficult stuff, just lots of it :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Hyde View Post
Nice property you have there, looks like you tend it well. Hope the project come out as expected so you can get back to drums!!
Yes, I have a ton of other things on the go right now, so I could really do without this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiss Matthias View Post
It will be nice to have it done with your own hands though, right?
It helps keep the cost down. This is the first job on this property where I've brought in outside labour for any period of time. Up until a couple of years ago, I did absolutely everything myself. I'm a worker, I get stuff done, it's in my makeup to graft :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad About Drums View Post
mmmh... 100 tons of stuff by hands is a lot, lot, lot of work, no matter how much you'll love to do it yourself, it's a killer, physically and mentaly... I'd say welcome to the machine.

I'm glad for you it's coming to an end Andy, this was a total bummer, financially and physically, I'm sure you'll be happy when it's behind... and unflooded!!!
yes Henri, I'll be glad to see the back of this. Although it's a fairly big job, it's probably the smallest of the major jobs we've done on this property, & thankfully, the last :)