View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 01:06 AM

Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

Real name -- Scott Martinson
Age -- 38
How long have you been playing-- 0 days, my first lessons start in a week or so
Origin of user name -- A combination of my real first name and it rhymes with Spotify so I figured why not.
Your top 5 drummers -- Let's see; Jason Rullo, Brann Dailor, Dennis Chambers, Neal Peart and Daniel Erlandsson
Make of drumkit -- I don't have one yet, just a pair of sticks and a practice pad
Make of cymbal? -- see above
Where do you practice? -- in my living room or in the spare bedroom, will likely be relegated to the garage soon enough.
Are you in a band? -- No, not yet
Do you play covers or originals?
What style of music?
Favourite take out food? -- Local Chinese take out called Fortune Cookie, best eggrolls ever.
What country do you live in? -- USA, Boulder, CO area
One really odd fact about yourself? -- I'm really very twitchy by nature, it really takes me a lot to not move some appendage at some point. I figured learning to drum would help with that. I've been playing guitar for nearly 30 years now and have always had a secret romance with drums and drummers and I just thought 38 may not be too old to start.
How did you start drumming? -- It's almost a mid-life crisis story, instead of going out and buying the Porsche or the $5000 PRS I decided to seek out a local teacher and get some lessons going.