Hmm...

Max Roach
Art Blakely
Lionel Hampton
Jeff Hamilton
Tony Williams
Elvin Jones
Joe Morello

Having a four peice has nothing to do with creativity. He plays a four peice because it feels good to him, not because It Challenges Him. One of his solo's has him play 32nd notes on the snare and high tom for about... 15 seconds with all the girls cheering. This is what makes everybody despise Travis. Nothing against the man..Just so overated for what he does/can do...

Oh and Solo's shouldn't even really be used as judging how good a drummer is. Drumming keeps the beat, Your Guitar's, Trumpets, Saxaphones should do the solo's really IMO. Sure you get Bonham, Peart, Gadd pulling off Solo's. But no one is Amazed by their solo's. It's the 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover Groove. The Fool In The Rain beat..Everything except the Solos. Solo's are hella cool, but you can't say, Bonham Is the best player ever, because He can do Moby Dick and no one else can..

And If Travis isn't that good on drum solos.. Don't BLOODY give him drum solo's. If he doesn't deserve it, he doesn't deserve it. If he doesn't have his own T.V. show because of it. So what? No one honostly gives a damn.....

my goodnesss people, is it really his fault that people are taken by him? NO its not a big deal that girls scream his name when he plays some 32nd notes... i mean more power to him, id love to wake up and play to thousands of fans that know my songs.i think people are really starting to post redundant copmments about him being over rated.. which isnt his fault.can he help people like his style and his past bands?--NO. give it a rest,hes a great drummer, not the best, girls like him, what ever...

the bottom line is: yes he is richer then us all put together, but does that take anything away from the fact he loves his craft.. absolutely not. yes girls like him and he has a tv show-does that mean that hes stuck up and a show off-- NO.. i think no one on this fourm knows the man and people are hating him like he smacked your mother....

its definitly okay to dislike him, or have opinions about his playing, but to constantly put him down and make a mockary of his dedication and obvious skill b/c hes popular and has a following just shows your imaturity and lack of understanding....