Thread: Gator Cases
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 08:27 PM
Gold Member

Default Re: Gator Cases

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Eder View Post
Wow. I've never seen that yet. You're right - I would avoid Gator altogether!
I dont have any of those type but a buddy of mine is a dj and both his amp racks and his board/cd player rack are all split and cracked in the corners where they got bumped in cold weather and its like the cracks spider web away from the impact area. The plastic seems to be thinner and more brittle where as most of the other case companies seem to use something more along the lines of the stuff box liners for pickup trucks are made from.

EDIT: Gator finally decided to respond to my warranty claim for a new handle for my gator g212a amp case, its just too bad I had to diss them on their facebook page before they took notice and decided to respond to all the emails I sent thru the proper channels but I guess the old adage still stands: "the squeaky wheel gets the grease".

Just wish I had of kept up the with the corrosion issue on my vintage Tama rockstars instead of giving up the fight and just selling them for peanuts. Will be interesting to see if I can get them to do anything about the faulty interlocking tracks on the gx42 utility case I have, they are now discontinued and I am guessing that issue is the reason why.

Last edited by tard; 07-25-2012 at 05:26 PM.