View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 09:22 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Serious Omission - Where's Dennis Wilson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kookadams View Post
Dennis was a great drummer because he got the job done! Drumming isn't about being fancy with fills or how well you can use a double-kick pedal- that's all horseshit!

Dennis was and will always be the reason I wanted to be a drummer. So what if he wasn't technical; he had the heart, the spirit, the charisma, and the legacy of being the greatest rock star that ever lived!

Drumming is about keeping the beat, holding the music together, but being a showoff and a douche-bag. Dennis Wilson was the REAL DEAL!!!
Agreed with respect as to what constitutes a great drummer. But that doesn't explain why if he was that good....even in terms of consistency, playing for the song and keeping steady time, heart, spirit and charisma......then why did they feel the need for Hal Blaine? Did he really get the job done at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kookadams View Post
And for christ sake he was just as good if not better than ringo!!

if someone can disprove it, explain it to me-
joshthekook@gmail.com
Can neither prove nor disprove personal taste and only an idiot would try to. But it can certainly be explained why Blaine was used on so much of the Beach Boys most well known material. The Beatles certainly didn't call on his services. Instead of ranting and raving, let's discuss. Have a go at explaining that to me.

Last edited by bermuda; 07-06-2012 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Deleted one expletive