View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 07:14 PM

Default Hey everyone, I wanted to introduce myself

I started posting some stuff on drummerworld and I just now realized that I haven't posted a proper introduction thread.

My name's Dave and I'm a drummer (no way! right?). I play in a couple of bands in the Dallas, Texas area that are in formation stages. Lots of writing and no gigging with them yet - but I had been in a band for the past 4 years that had been doing some light touring within Texas and Oklahoma and pretty solid gigging within Dallas. I've been playing percussion for about 12 years, and the drum set for about 10 years. I started playing the drum set in middle school jazz band (I'm sure there are a lot of you out there like me in that respect). I'm 24 now. Anyway, I didn't really start taking drumming seriously until about 6 years ago when I decided I'd like to join a band after finally discovering my love of hard rock, metal, and progressive music (yeah, really late bloomer. I know). Anyway, I've been playing seriously since then, working on anything to get me better.

I currently play 2 DW kits (though I've owned a couple of exports, a PDP FS kit, and even a vistalite kit in the past). I've got a finish-ply DW kit in black wrap from the late 90s with the black and silver DW badges that I lucked out on, and a DW Collectors series in Satin Natural to Oxblood Red fade. Both are gorgeous kits in their own way, and both sound great to my ear (or maybe that's just the DW marketing that has been put into my ear since I started taking drumming seriously? lol). I also own some percussion, a few latin instruments like Congas and cowbells and jam blocks and all that.

I love talking drums and learning about the history of the drum set and the companies that helped make an impact on the drumming world. My one complaint is it usually takes quite a long time to research some of the things that I'm interested in. I feel like there should be a wiki for just drum history or something! hah.

Anyway, I'll be around to talk. I'll leave you with some pictures of the drums that I've used throughout the last few years:

And a couple pics of me playing

Anyway, I hope to talk with you all at some point in the future. Have a good one,

Dave