View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 05:02 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Camaraderie and hanging out

I find that the older I get, the less I enjoy the bands I'm in. That's why I write my own songs and play guitar and sing. I don't really want to have to depend on others to produce my music. The only bands I've ever been in for any length of time are the ones where I had some camaraderie with the others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leth View Post
Who wants to work so closely with a bunch of strangers?
Exactly. If I have to work with strangers, I wanna get paid for it. The first few jams are fine, but after awhile things get repetitive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumEatDrum View Post
yes.

You don't have to be best friends, but there has to be some level on enjoying each other.

Just imagine being in a touring band where everyone is piled on top of each other in a van-bus-whatever for weeks on end.
True. I couldn't imagine going on tour with a bunch of strangers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gvdadrummasum View Post
the band i played in for a decade were the best of friends...brothers even.....family ... completely ...all for one ...whats mine is yours type shit

but I promise you this.....every time we came home from a couple months on the road....I hated those cats more than anything you can imagine...and Im sure they felt the same about me

then after a week or two apart ......the gravitational pull would bring us back together and the process would start all over again
Maybe you guys needed a bigger van or a bus. Seems like that's kinda the way it should be if you're going on tour. Sounds like your tours were better funded than a punk band's though. I've heard some stories.